MotherReader’s 48 Hour Book Challenge has inspired me to find another challenge, one that my kids could take part in. Which leads me to the…
Though it is already June, signup goes through November of this year. Plus, I think that this is a great time to sign up as the oldest two chits just got out of school and thus have much more free time. Not to mention the summer reading club that they are participating in through our local library.
I’ve decided to enter the “Harvesting” level which entails reading 200+ books to your child in the year. I think that is completely doable, and will help me to realize my goal of reading as many books to the chits as there are days in a year.
This week we’ll be reading:
- Squish! A Wetland Walk by Nancy Luenn
- H is for Hook A Fishing Alphabet by Judy Young
- Dora’s Potty Book by Melissa Torres
- The New Potty by Gina and Mercer Mayer
- Gone Fishing by Earlene Long
- Trout Are Made of Trees by April Pulley Sayre
- Water Dance by Thomas Locker
- My Big Girl Potty by Joanna Cole
- Planting the Wild Garden by Kathryn O. Galbraith
- The Boy Who Was Raised by Librarians by Carla Morris
- Arthur’s Family Vacation by Marc Brown
- Spaghetti in a Hot Dog Bun by Maria Dismondy
- Scaredy Squirrel at Night by Melanie Watt
- The Three Little Pigs An Architectural Tale by Steven Guarnaccia
- Night Lights by Susan Gal
I’ll put up reviews as we read them! I’m super excited to have a challenge that the kids can participate in.